Certified MinSun "Trail Seeker"

My photo
concurrently a contributor in "Feeding My Addiction to Boys Before Flowers" and "World of MinSunerz" blog.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MinSun TVB Interview in Taiwan (06/02/09)



Opening: Taiwan’s Meteor Garden and Japan’s Hana Yori Dango were big hits in 2002 & 2007. This year, Korean version “Boys Over Flowers” (BOF) had also been a success. The main cast Lee Min Ho & Goo Hye Sun visited Taiwan for BOF promotion last week. TVB had arranged an exclusive interview with them.

GHS: I have watched both the Taiwan & Japan version, and thought they were good. For Korea version, the plot is close to the comic that was very hilarious, thus I think it should be a more amazing one.

LMH: My view is more or less the same, though towards the second half of the series it feels a bit gloomy, the first half was really hilarious.

TVB: BOF has been a big hit across Asia, did you expect that before filming?

LMH: I have never thought of that. But I had strong desire to give my all for the character of GJP, therefore I put a lot of effort and tried my very best. And now it has become so popular, I am very happy and grateful.

TVB: You have become very popular after BOF, do you feel the pressure? If yes, how do you relieve that?

LMH: Instead of pressure, I have more a feeling of happiness. For the stress I got from current works…Since I don’t drink alcohol, I cannot relieve my pressure by drinking. It seems like I don’t have a concrete way to take pressure off, but I would forget all the stress after a sleep.

GHS: Since the Taiwan & Japan versions were successful, I had thought that Korea version would also be a success as well. And at the same time, I was afraid that our work would not be as good as the previous versions. So I’m just half confident and half worried. GJD is a bright, lively and brave girl that makes me feel that she’s very charming. Being as strong as a grass is another good point. I can understand the feelings of GJD, but audience might feel that she is faltering, very confused about love. This part makes me feel a bit disappointed.

TVB: A huge amount has been invested for the production on overseas shooting, branded apparels, super cars etc. Even Lee Min Ho enjoys those.

LMH: Since GJP is the heir of an affluent family, he is dressed in nice clothes, going to high-class places. I really enjoyed that part.

TVB: The relationship between GJP & GJD was disapproved by JP’s mum, what if this happen in reality?

LMH: In the drama, I also had a fiancé besides GJD. If this happen in real life, I would also choose the one I love. My personal view towards love is a bit different from that of GJP though, when being with my girlfriend, I want to be like friends that we argue and have little fights sometimes.

GHS: If this happens in reality, I would abandon the relationship if my parents disapprove that. Though we might have put a lot of effort to make it work, I won’t be that stubborn.

TVB: the main casts had car accidents in different occasion during the shoot; the drama had even stopped for one episode due to GHS’s injury from the car accident.

GHS: I was hospitalized due to the car accident; everyone came to visit me at the hospital. And jokingly said that we should stop filming for the drama that made me feel comfortable.

LMH: When Hye Sun was in hospital, I went to see her with others. Everyone felt sorry and worried when we heard about the accident; and everyone just left their works behind and went to visit her at the hospital. I feel that the team was really care about each other and was very touched.

TVB: BOF was a huge success, is there any chance to have part 2?

Producer: We cannot make another BOF without the permission of Ms. Kamio Yoko. In addition, we had already filmed/ used most of the plots in the manga. If we continue the story, we need to make that up on our own and it is not allowed by law in regards to copyright.

credits: pinkfairy@soompi.com , meow13131313@youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment