Certified MinSun "Trail Seeker"

My photo
concurrently a contributor in "Feeding My Addiction to Boys Before Flowers" and "World of MinSunerz" blog.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Like a Doll! Goo Hye Sun is Very Gentle and Feminine


English Translations by jenny0622 and susamerica.soompi.com:

Have you ever watched "Boys over Flowers" ? Goo Hye Sun - the actress who took the role Geum Jandi came to Japan in September to promote the film with the crew. I had a chance to interview her for the magazine "Hallyu PIA", this interview will be in Autumn Issue along with the interview of Lee Min Ho.

[let us all watch out for this Fall issue of Hallyu PIA magazine. I hope we get more information about our HS since this interview took place after the September 6th event.]


Last December when the cast of BOF was announced, she made many people impressed when appearing in a white dress which made her looked like an angel. As I saw that, I thought “a fragile girl” which is somehow different from original character. I didn’t think that she could eat a full-mouth of rice like she did in the film, it’s really impossible! However, she was mainly caught a lot of attention because of her beauty and her femininity.

[He was impressed by GHS at the December Press Conference when she appeared in a mini dress showing her white, thin legs....He thought she looked too fragile and feminine to play Makino. After he saw GHS play the role in BOF, he was amazed by her acting and GHS definitely got his attention!]

(I think I missed one part here because VNese translator didn’t work on this part but when I use translation machine I think this part mentions about her past films and her multi-talented ability as a writer, composer, artist, director… )

[Yes, the writer lists her dramas, saying that she is deligently building and polishing her resume as an actress since 2005 and, by showcasing her other hidden talents, she is attracting even more attention.]

Hye Sun said modestly “About my past roles, I don’t think that I really shine”. So how the girl I’m talking with is? … it could encapsulate in one word “Unfussy” The place where we were talking was rather quiet, she entered the room quietly, very fragile and lovely. “Let’s do the interview first” , we had a look at summer issue of Hallyu PIA together. 「Ko So, where is this place?, you have such a small face ~」she started the conversation first. Such an easy person to talk & approach and she’s not a fussy girl!

[In the other translation, the writer says that if he could use one word to describe GHS during the interview, the word is "gentle/mild/temperate". The writer was making a point that, although GHS has said that she became more "vibrant" after playing Jandi, he can't help but describe GHS as more "temperate/mild/gentle."

Before the interview started, maybe to make the writer more comfortable being with her, GHS picked up the Summer issue of Hallyu PIA magazine with the picture of Ko Soo and calmly made a small talk, "Ko Soo has a small face, doesn't he?" She also noticed few colored papers on the table and quickly realized that they were there for her to sign them. "What should I say? It is PIA, right? What is the spelling?" She looks at the magazine to spell it correctly. She was calm throughout the interview and signed with sincerity. She truly is as pretty and young as a doll. But listening to her speak, I felt her strong tenacity and could not see her as just a young girl, but as a mature woman.]


She seemed like realizing the red paper that I had put on the table so she asked me immediately “What do you intend to write? Is it PIA?” (?) I answered “Saa.. thank you for accepting this interview…” Then I showed her the Sasa section of the magazine.
She said tenderly and slowly in Japanese “Such a nice picture!” And asked “Did I say it correctly (in Japanese) ?”

She listened to my questions and answered them straightly. In my eyes, she’s such a young and lovely girl just like a doll, but after having time talking I realized a strong potential inside this girl, seems like having hidden deep side of a real woman.


Following the end of the interview was the time for photo shooting! She stood up and wrote the word “ Hallyu PIA”(in Japanese) by herself.

It’s my first time meeting Masu Yomi (the photographer) . She seemed like rather stressful (laugh). “Hora, let’s make it begin” Let’s look at the photos of Hye Sun when standing in front of the camera… She’s indeed look like a lovely doll…
I looked at her and uttered 「So lovely….look like a doll…

Goo Hye Sun’s interview and Lee Min Ho’s interview which is titled “Approaching Boys Over Flowers” will be in the autumn issue. Taking note to read it on page 87 ^^…

[After the interview, it was time for the photo session. She got up from her chair, but she was still browsing through the summer issue of Hallyu PIA magazine. She also browsed through BOF pamphlets prepared for the press conference purpose, saying that she has never seen them before. Then she got her make-up and codi unnies and told them while laughing, "let's hurry, hurry, photo session." One Korean translator told me that "Hye Sun is blood type A and so are the staff and so we are all very quiet people."

The writer comments that he has often witnessed other Korean celebrities become chaotic and noisy for the photo shoot, but, with GHS and her staff, the session moved smoothly and quietly. As I watched GHS pose in front of the camera, I blurted out without thinking, "so pretty,,just like a doll.."

Yes, she truly is very pretty. GHS's interview will be on page 027 of the Fall issue along with the interview of Lee Min Ho under the title of . GHS's signature on those colored papers will also be shown on page 087 so please look for the magazine soon.]


credits: jenny0622/susamerica@soompi.com,

No comments:

Post a Comment